Wednesday, April 9, 2008

NIGHTMARE ON APPRAISAL STREET

Although I am still receiving tons of hits for this post, I have decided to take it down. Not because I think that I was wrong for pointing out the facts but because I simply don't have the time to answer all of the emails I receive about it.

To date, I have had two anonymous posts (strangely, one created a single page blog just to counter this post) claiming that the person I discussed was an ethical and honest man. I have also received quite a few emails from people worried that their pieces are fake and asking what they should do. These pieces were purchased from a wide variety of sources. I MUST ALSO POINT OUT THAT ALL PERSONS ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. For my part, I hope that all of this was just a large mistake on the FBI's part. I have to admit, stranger things have happened.

If you feel that you have been "taken", I would suggest contacting the art fraud division of the FBI found
here. You can also contact an art appraiser in your area here.

No comments: